March 18, 2014: New Spaces and New Forms of Library Work
March 18, 2014:
In the National Library of Karelia the coordinator of the project ”Libraries Make a Difference: New Forms of Libraries Activity for Local Communities” Marina Danilova and project participant Antonina Efremova presented reports for the heads of Karelian libraries. The subject of the presentation was “New Spaces and New Forms of Library Work”. In the modern world, where everything is changing rapidly, it’s necessary to provide services which are popular among users and to create comfortable environment for library users following a concept “library as a third place”. According to this concept, the first place is home, the second place is a workplace and the third place is a library.
Along with traditional forms of library work we should use alternative forms. If users are interested in fashion, travelling, yoga etc., libraries should meet their demands. This is the key to successful work of every library.
These themes were discussed at a round table discussion dedicated to the new forms of library work and arrangement of library space. During the discussion participants learned about foreign experience and shared their ideas and reflections on this theme.
- July 1 – 5, 2013: seminar "Creative technologies in libraries"
- October 16, 2013: A working meeting
- November 17 - 23, 2013: A professional tour to Finland
- December 5, 2013: A working meeting
- December 11, 2013: A working meeting
- December 24, 2013: A final meeting of Russian participants
- February 2014: A new place for reading, communication, creation and new ideas in Kondopoga
- February - March 2014: Opening the Information and Educational Centers – Virtual Branches of the Russian Museum
- January 29, 2014: Intermediate results of the project
- March 18, 2014: New Spaces and New Forms of Library Work
- March 31, 2014: Virtual Branch of the Russian Museum in the Central Library of Kostomuksha City District
- April 5, 2014: Children’s drawing competition “Endangered plants and animals of Karelia”
- May 26, 2014: presentation of The Red Book of Karelia for Children
- May 29, 2014: Virtual Branch of the Russian Museum in the Library of Sortavala
- June 8, 2014: The Information and Educational Center – Virtual Branch of the Russian Museum in Kondopoga
- September 26, 2014: The National Library of the Republic of Karelia took part in the Project Fair
- November 12-13, 2014: Summing up the results of the project “Libraries Make a Difference: New Forms of Library Activity for Local Communities”
- December 23, 2014: Summing up the results of the project on the Day of Cultural Innovations. Project closure