July 1 – 5, 2013: seminar "Creative technologies in libraries"
The National Library of the Republic of Karelia conducted the first seminar “Creative Technologies in Libraries” in the framework of the ”Libraries Make a Difference: New Forms of Libraries Activity for Local Communities” project on July 1 – 5, 2013.
Library specialists from the municipal libraries in Kondopoga, Sortavala, Kostomuksha and Petrozavodsk as well as library experts from Moscow and Helsinki participated in the seminar.
Participants in the seminar discussed perspectives of establishment of specialized centers in Kondopoga, Sortavala, Kostomuksha, Petrozavodsk, Joensuu and Kajaani. The activity of these centers is aimed at satisfying of information and cultural needs of people of local communities. The centers will provide new multimedia and interactive services, new educational resources, new forms of intellectual leisure, etc.
Different forms of work have been used during the seminar: video-reports, lectures on-line, discussion, team work. Topics of the seminar were: “Libraries activity and restricted book space”, “Creative industries in libraries”, “Library is a center for knowledge management”, “Libraries and social media”, etc. Participants got acquainted with experience of the Finnish libraries and the most interesting projects and services of other libraries worldwide.
One day of the seminar was devoted to development of new models of information and cultural centers for specific territories considering recommendations from the trainers and experts. New developed projects of information and cultural centers in Kondopoga, Sortavala and Kostomuksha became the results of the seminar.
- July 1 – 5, 2013: seminar "Creative technologies in libraries"
- October 16, 2013: A working meeting
- November 17 - 23, 2013: A professional tour to Finland
- December 5, 2013: A working meeting
- December 11, 2013: A working meeting
- December 24, 2013: A final meeting of Russian participants
- February 2014: A new place for reading, communication, creation and new ideas in Kondopoga
- February - March 2014: Opening the Information and Educational Centers – Virtual Branches of the Russian Museum
- January 29, 2014: Intermediate results of the project
- March 18, 2014: New Spaces and New Forms of Library Work
- March 31, 2014: Virtual Branch of the Russian Museum in the Central Library of Kostomuksha City District
- April 5, 2014: Children’s drawing competition “Endangered plants and animals of Karelia”
- May 26, 2014: presentation of The Red Book of Karelia for Children
- May 29, 2014: Virtual Branch of the Russian Museum in the Library of Sortavala
- June 8, 2014: The Information and Educational Center – Virtual Branch of the Russian Museum in Kondopoga
- September 26, 2014: The National Library of the Republic of Karelia took part in the Project Fair
- November 12-13, 2014: Summing up the results of the project “Libraries Make a Difference: New Forms of Library Activity for Local Communities”
- December 23, 2014: Summing up the results of the project on the Day of Cultural Innovations. Project closure