September 26, 2014: The National Library of the Republic of Karelia took part in the Project Fair
September 26, 2014
The National Library of the Republic of Karelia took part in the Project Fair, which was a part of the Karelia ENPI Cross-Border Cooperation Programme.
At the Fair projects in the field of culture, tourism, agriculture, health, social security, forestry and energy were presented.
The National Library of the Republic of Karelia presented the results of the project “Libraries Make a Difference: New Forms of Library Activity for Local Communities”. Project partners are the Joensuu Regional Library – the North Karelia Provincial Library, the City Library of Kajaani – the Regional Library of Kainuu, the Kondopoga Central District Library, the Sortavala District Library and the Central Library of the city of Kostomuksha.
The participants of the Fair were mostly interested in the multimedia educational projects “Lönnrot’s Trail” and “Sortavala.ru”. The multimedia project “Lönnrot’s Trail” is dedicated to a journey of a famous author of the epic poem “Kalevala” Elias Lönnrot through Karelia. The resources of the project contain historical information, etymology of settlements names, photographs, traveling notes, information about rune-singers and rune records.
The multimedia resource Sortavala.ru consists of an interactive map of the city of Sortavala with cultural and historical sights and sections: Sortavala on an old postcard, Honorary Citizens of Sortavala, Sortavala in paintings and art and interactive games The History of Sortavala and The History of the Northern Ladoga region.
In May 2014 in the framework of the project The Red Book of Karelia for Children was published in the Severnoye Siyaniye publishing house. Guests of the fair could also see this book. The book is based on the pictures of endangered plants and animals of Karelia drawn by children.
The results of the project “Libraries Make a Difference: New Forms of Library Activity for Local Communities” were highly appreciated by the participants of the fair and representatives of the ENPI Programme.
- July 1 – 5, 2013: seminar "Creative technologies in libraries"
- October 16, 2013: A working meeting
- November 17 - 23, 2013: A professional tour to Finland
- December 5, 2013: A working meeting
- December 11, 2013: A working meeting
- December 24, 2013: A final meeting of Russian participants
- February 2014: A new place for reading, communication, creation and new ideas in Kondopoga
- February - March 2014: Opening the Information and Educational Centers – Virtual Branches of the Russian Museum
- January 29, 2014: Intermediate results of the project
- March 18, 2014: New Spaces and New Forms of Library Work
- March 31, 2014: Virtual Branch of the Russian Museum in the Central Library of Kostomuksha City District
- April 5, 2014: Children’s drawing competition “Endangered plants and animals of Karelia”
- May 26, 2014: presentation of The Red Book of Karelia for Children
- May 29, 2014: Virtual Branch of the Russian Museum in the Library of Sortavala
- June 8, 2014: The Information and Educational Center – Virtual Branch of the Russian Museum in Kondopoga
- September 26, 2014: The National Library of the Republic of Karelia took part in the Project Fair
- November 12-13, 2014: Summing up the results of the project “Libraries Make a Difference: New Forms of Library Activity for Local Communities”
- December 23, 2014: Summing up the results of the project on the Day of Cultural Innovations. Project closure