November 12-13, 2014: Summing up the results of the project “Libraries Make a Difference: New Forms of Library Activity for Local Communities”
The final seminar of the project “Libraries Make a Difference: New Forms of Library Activity for Local Communities” was held in the National Library of the Republic of Karelia. The project has been implemented in 2013 and 2014 in the framework of Karelia ENPI Cross-Border Cooperation Programme.
The seminar was attended by project partners from the Kondopoga Central District Library, the Sortavala District Library, the Kostomuksha Municipal Archive and Central City Library and also by our Finnish colleagues from the North Karelia Provincial Library, the Regional Library of Kainuu, libraries of Outokumpu and Ilomantsi.
Results of the project were summed up and multimedia resources “Lönnrot’s Trail” and “Sortavala.ru” were presented at the seminar. These resources will be translated into Finnish for our colleagues from Finland. The participants of the project presented models of information and cultural centers, created in the framework of the project. After that development prospects of the project were discussed.
The Red Book of Karelia for Children published in the Severnoye Siyaniye publishing house was presented at the seminar. The book is based on the pictures drawn by children who study in the art studio in the village of Essoila. The head of the studio is Oleg Obnosov. Poems for the book were written by Karelian writer Jana Zhemoitel. Book design was made by an Honored artist of the Republic of Karelia Vitali Nakonechni.
The final seminar was combined with a professional tour of Finnish librarians. They visited the Sortavala District Library, the Children and Youth Library of the Republic of Karelia, the Kondopoga Central District Library and the Children Library of the city of Kondopoga.
- July 1 – 5, 2013: seminar "Creative technologies in libraries"
- October 16, 2013: A working meeting
- November 17 - 23, 2013: A professional tour to Finland
- December 5, 2013: A working meeting
- December 11, 2013: A working meeting
- December 24, 2013: A final meeting of Russian participants
- February 2014: A new place for reading, communication, creation and new ideas in Kondopoga
- February - March 2014: Opening the Information and Educational Centers – Virtual Branches of the Russian Museum
- January 29, 2014: Intermediate results of the project
- March 18, 2014: New Spaces and New Forms of Library Work
- March 31, 2014: Virtual Branch of the Russian Museum in the Central Library of Kostomuksha City District
- April 5, 2014: Children’s drawing competition “Endangered plants and animals of Karelia”
- May 26, 2014: presentation of The Red Book of Karelia for Children
- May 29, 2014: Virtual Branch of the Russian Museum in the Library of Sortavala
- June 8, 2014: The Information and Educational Center – Virtual Branch of the Russian Museum in Kondopoga
- September 26, 2014: The National Library of the Republic of Karelia took part in the Project Fair
- November 12-13, 2014: Summing up the results of the project “Libraries Make a Difference: New Forms of Library Activity for Local Communities”
- December 23, 2014: Summing up the results of the project on the Day of Cultural Innovations. Project closure